Salary is negotiable and the position is open until filled.
For nearly two decades, D&A Communications (a boutique marketing and public relations firm) has developed creative strategies that stimulate public interest in community issues, public policy, products, and services.
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Finance and Accounting Manager and supports the Accounting team which manages all company finances. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding and experience with data entry, invoicing, budgeting, and using Microsoft Excel. Additionally, the Accounting Clerk supports accounts payable, accounts receivable, classification of transactions and bank reconciliations.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible and accountable for managing all bookkeeping functions, up to and including:
- • Basic bookkeeping and administration;
- • Oversees day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- • Performs month-end close activities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, including daily credit card reconciliation and supporting schedules;
- • Prepares budget reports and other analytical reports as needed;
- • Processes 1099 and other taxes;
- • Appraises, evaluates, and conducts inventory of real property and equipment, including recording information such as the description, value, and location of property;
- • Prepares and updates productivity reports;
- • Documents and maintains processes and procedures;
- • Produces checks and schedules payments;
- • Supports project managers by providing time-sensitive reports and budget sheets. Reviews product for accuracy;
- • Maintains and organizes files and documents;
- • Produces various reports from time tracking software;
- • Maintains business licensees and certificates; Prepares payroll for third party vendors.
Qualifications and Skills
- • Strong understanding of Accounting principles and practices, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
- • Preparation of monthly profit and loss statements and balance sheets;
- • Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel);
- • Proficiency with Apple Computers and software;
- • Ability to produce reports/graphs/charts/tables in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- • Strong organizational skills along with effective time management skills;
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- • Customer focused and team oriented; high integrity and honesty;
- • Ability to set and manage priorities;
- • Self-starter;
- • Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) Plans.
Job Type: Full-time
• How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
• Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
• Are you in San Francisco, CA?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)?
• Do you speak English?
• Are you authorized to work in the United States?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Submit a cover letter, resume, and verification of highest degree to email@example.com. Write "Accounting Clerk, and your name" in the email subject line. Faxed, incomplete, and late application packets will be rejected.
No phone calls please.
D&A Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.