Please download and fill out the D&A Job Application when applying for any position.
Are you comfortably transition into complex projects, able to synthesize information and prioritize project goals, identify a clear-cut plan of action and able to identify the resources needed.
Do you have experience managing clients and able to best understand their unique needs (both stated and unstated), and then both craft and execute creative, comprehensive integrated communication and marketing plans to match.
The person in this position should be comfortable with public speaking and working with diverse communities. Creativity, flexibility, adaptability and ingenuity are extremely important qualities of the best candidate. It’s essential you have excellent writing and presentation skills and a good understanding of social media tools. Knowledge of infographics, graphic design capabilities and data analysis experience is a big plus!
Having excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work well independently and with some ambiguity. You must be well organized, posses the ability to multi-task with ease, and be comfortable with deadlines. Experience working with elected officials, government agencies, and community groups a plus. If so, you’ll fit in with our firm of integrated marketing and communication pros dedicated to pushing clients past what their stakeholders expect.
Are you able to maintain a holistic view of projects without losing track of the details. Are you comfortable acting decisively in a collaborative environment to keep complex projects on time and on budget. And, because we are champions of new and innovative approaches, our Communication Project Manager rely on their ability to persuasively pitch non-traditional ideas in ways that inspire client confidence.
In this exciting role, you will engage your talent as a practitioner in advertising, public relations, marketing, branding, and community engagement. In addition, your strong foundation in research, data analysis, strategic planning, budgeting, public speaking, and working with diverse communities will be useful every day. Because you never shy away from a challenge, you’ll use your knack for turning constructive criticism into constructive solutions that exceed expectations. Perhaps most importantly, your passion for leading and delivering exceptional results will be the key to your success.
• Develop, implement and manage integrated marketing, branding, media relations and communication programs
• Develop customized communications plans that includes supporting research, messaging, public engagement tools, and social media
• Provide writing and editing support for all outbound communications including but not limited to scopes of work, project schedules and budgets, promotional materials, program descriptions collateral materials, proposals, website content, newsletters and annual reports
• Develop and manage public awareness campaigns, special events; community partnerships, face-to-face outreach and outreach programs that utilize social media and online tools to engage public and facilitate the exchange of information
• Establish advocacy groups and interface with community organizations
• Establish and maintain project stakeholder information and update company databases
• Manage client communications by interfacing directly with clients to understand their needs, ambitions, limitations and concerns (both stated and implied)
• Keep current on client activities, issues, programs, and ecosystem to maintain context for client interactions and to inform recommended strategies
• Craft scopes of work, task orders and establish project budgets that effectively convey D&A’s recommended approach to meet contract requirements, client expectations and successfully execute and deliver results.
• Mentor and inspire junior staff to develop their personal and professional growth
• Participate in D&A new business development activities
• 4-5 years of project management experience in Public Relations, Advertising and/or Strategic Marketing
• 2-5 years of public sector and/or social marketing/CSR experience (preferred)
• 1 year as a team leadership
• Strong, proven ability to communicate orally and in writing in all forums and venues
• Above average understanding of the latest integrated marketing and communication tools and trends, including social media, multimedia production and influencer marketing
• Advanced-level comfort with Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac operating office environment
• Proactive, organized, ability to execute and meet demanding deadlines with minimal supervision and guidance
• Gifted writer with experience to prepare or help prepare results-based or performance based scopes of work and other useful products for our clients to encourage their continued use of our services.
• Have a natural affinity to report up to the Team Accounts Manager on the health of your projects.
• Critical thinker conditioned to present problems but only with well-thought solutions and to solve problems at the lowest level possible.
• Be proficient in the fields or skills of Advertising, Marketing, Messaging, Narrative Storytelling, Copywriting, Copy Editing, Media Relations, Social Media, Video Production, Branding, Collateral Development, Microsoft office and Google Drive
• Be self-motivated and an independent thinker and problem solver.
• Blessed with innate creativity, flexibility, adaptability and ingenuity
• Skilled at using infographics, graphic design capabilities and data analysis.
A full-service boutique communications agency with 20+ years of experience serving both public and private sector clients in San Francisco and the Bay Area. Our agency specializes in developing integrated communications strategies for social impact initiatives, branding and advertising, corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion programs, reputation management, digital and social media, and implementing public engagement tactics for corporations, municipalities, urban developers, A/E firms and non-profit organizations.
We are a well-respected award-winning agency that is a highly trusted partner with all of our clients with a long-standing reputation for providing exceptional services on projects making a difference in the lives of everyday people in our communities. If you are a dynamic, hard-working team player who aspires to work with bright and talented individuals, we want to work with you.
Competitive salary and full benefits package offered to the right person with proven required skills, abilities and expertise.
Submit a cover letter, resume, verification of degree, salary requirement, and a link to your portfolio examples to email@example.com. Write “Communications Project Manager, YOUR NAME" in the email subject line. Faxed, incomplete, and late application packets will be rejected.
No phone calls please.
Copyright 2016 Davis & Associates Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.