Please download and fill out the D&A Job Application when applying for any position.
Are you a go-getter, hungry to absorb an immersive communications experience? Are you naturally inquisitive and a seeker of all the answers? Are you a natural taskmaster? Do you have a passion for serving your community and helping others connect with their neighbors and local leaders? If so, you could be just the right fit and we urge you to consider applying!
Have you proven you’ve got what it takes, are you focused and meet deadlines with ease? You’ll have a front row seat to a variety of both public and private sector clients, while providing critical communication support to an award-winning team.
Our Communication Associates are the glue that holds our team together!
• Professionally represent our firm when interacting with clients and their stakeholders
• Work as part of multiple project teams to develop and execute comprehensive communication, advertising, outreach and engagement, and marketing plans for clients.
• Work closely with Project Managers to monitor budgets, contracts and other administrative functions for client projects
• Produce creative and strategic content for public outreach campaigns
• Contribute to project team strategic visioning and problem-solving
• Exercise independent judgment in the preparation of client deliverables with minimal supervision
• Keep up-to-date on client activities, issues, programs, and ecosystem to maintain context for client interactions and to inform recommended strategies
• Contribute internally, with firm marketing and new business development activities
• Manage information and facilitate internal operations
• Facilitate effective internal communications
• Other duties, as assigned
• 2 years of experience in Public Relations, Advertising and/or Strategic Marketing
• Strong talent for communication writing and verbal presentation
• Solid understanding of the function and unique value of both established and emerging social media platforms
• Advanced-level comfort with Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac environment, as well as Google applications
• Proactive, organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines
• Experience working in the public sector and/or an advertising, public relations or marketing agency (preferred, not required)
• Fluency in a language other than English (preferred, not required)
• Professionalism, deductive reasoning and strong powers of observation are a must.
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Willingness to tackle new challenges and adapt to rapidly changing priorities will be key to your success.
• Proven ability to stay calm and confident under pressure, keep track of rapidly changing details and ensure everyone around you remains organized will add tremendous value to the team.
• Excellent writers, thoughtful communicators and creative wizards.
• Skilled at retaining detail while multitasking is impressive.
• Demonstrated sound judgment, often working on project components with direction from project managers.
• Comfortable jumping into a project on a moment’s notice and quickly add value.
• Consummate collaborators and the epitome of team players.
• Strong communicator and marketing generalist with something to contribute to each of our diverse set of client projects.
In exchange, you’ll have unique exposure to the world of communication, marketing, government and community relations as taught to you by one of the premiere communication leaders in the field.
If you are looking for a place to put down roots and you see life as a “glass half-full” then we want to meet you. It is our sincere hope to graduate the ideal candidate into a project managers role in 1-2 years using the knowledge and experience s/he obtained working closely with our project managers.
A full-service boutique communications agency with 20+ years of experience serving both public and private sector clients in San Francisco and the Bay Area. Our agency specializes in developing integrated communications strategies for social impact initiatives, branding and advertising, corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion programs, reputation management, digital and social media, and implementing public engagement tactics for corporations, municipalities, urban developers, A/E firms and non-profit organizations.
We are a well-respected award-winning agency that is a highly trusted partner with all of our clients with a long-standing reputation for providing exceptional services on projects making a difference in the lives of everyday people in our communities. If you are a dynamic, hard-working team player who aspires to work with bright and talented individuals, we want to work with you.
Competitive salary and full benefits package offered to the right person with proven required skills, abilities and expertise.
Submit a cover letter, resume, verification of degree, salary requirement, and a link to your portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Communications Associate, YOUR NAME" in the email subject line. Faxed, incomplete, and late application packets will be rejected.
No phone calls please.
Copyright 2016 Davis & Associates Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.